Saturday, April 18, 2009

Lemon Curd Genoise Part IV

The last step of Part III was to apply the crumb coat, refrigerate for an hour or more, then apply the final thick layer of buttercream. Refrigerate overnight to let the buttercream harden, and for the flavors to meld together.

I plated my cake with more lemon curd, it was delish!

I was inspired to make this cake after trying a version from Whole Foods, which I thought was terrible. Their buttercream was completely unflavored, and tasted too much like butter. I think mine is far superior; the genoise is perfectly moist, and the buttercream has a touch of lemon juice and zest to it. Perfect! However, my cake decorating was rather sloppy, and I'll be improving that in my next iteration.


Tada, perfect for a sunny spring day.


Reader slu wanted to see pictures of the entire cake, so here they are, of the partially eaten cake.


Overhead 3/4 shot. Note, the yellow flecks in the buttercream are lemon zest.

1 Comments:

At 9:37 AM , Anonymous slu said...

what did the whole cake/final product look like?!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home