If only I could make quenelles!
I call this ensemble of foods my summer dessert.
- Blueberry cornbread
- Crushed gingersnaps
- Fresh peach slice, strawberries
- Vanilla gelato
- Salted pumpkin seed & pistachio chocolate bark
- Port berry reduction
- Dulce de leche panna cotta
The panna cotta turned out wonderfully with a smooth texture. I used the following recipe;
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup 1% milk
- 2.5 sheets 160 bloom/silver strength gelatin sheets
- 1/2 cup dulce de leche
- Heat the heavy cream and milk together. Remove from the range, stirring occasionally.
- Bloom the gelatin sheets in cold water for about 5 minutes. Shake off excess water.
- Add the gelatin to the heavy cream/milk mixture, and stir until dissolved.
- Add dulce de leche, stir until dissolved.
- Pour into mold of choice.
- Garnish with chocolate shavings