Sunday, August 02, 2009

2.5 Layer Chocolate Espresso Buttercream Petit Fours

I call these 2.5 layer cakes, the reason being that the top layer is not a full layer. I was making tuiles, and used the remaining tuile batter to make a thin flat sheet cake on my Silpat. I found that the resulting cake had a delicious fluffy consistency, and resolved to make petit fours from them. Thus, stamped out rounds from the thin cake layer, with the thin layer resulting in my top 1/2 layer.

Used swiss meringue espresso buttercream between layers, then partially covered in a bit of chocolate ganache, then topped with oven roasted almond pieces. To be served with a port wine reduction.


Here are the rounds which will form the top 1/2 layer.



Assembled version.

3 Comments:

At 11:39 AM , Blogger The Fat said...

this appears brilliant (and delicious) to me!

 
At 11:41 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

awesome, what a compliment from slu. Have a beaten DJ now? :)

 
At 11:41 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

*I*

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home