Sunday, November 26, 2006

Some truffling

A few notes.

  • 1 lbs of chocolate and 1 1/4 cups heavy whipping cream makes enough ganache for roughly 60-70 x 1" diameter truffles. For best dimensions, 1.5 scoops from my melon baller makes a nice truffle.
  • I was a bit too enthusiastic with my Grand Marnier, making my white chocolate ganache base a little more fluid than I wanted. So I had to add about 1 more lb of chocolate to thicken it. The white chocolate definitely has a different consistency than regular dark chocolate- I'm guessing the milk that is added to it makes it more moist.
  • Working with the fingertips instead of the palms really helps tremendously in terms of shaping the truffles without melting them.
I made about 150 Princetonian, Colombian, and Hermarchus truffles. Pictures to come in the next post!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home